Monday, August 5, 2013

The First Day of the Rest of My Life!

Good day, all!  What a beautiful morning this has already turned out to be. 

For the first time EVER I could sleep late during a 'normal working day', because I am now a STAY AT HOME MOMMY!!!!  Linmari and I slowly awakened with the day.  We took our time getting up and prepping for our outings (which are now not going to happen as planned).  I had the time to quickly whip together beautiful Banana and Oatmeal cookies, dress my daughter and myself and hang some diapers on the line.

On the Banana and Oatmeal cookie front.  People, this is the BEST cookie EVER to give your child.  No funny additives, no extra sugar, no salt.  Just pure banana and oatmeal goodness! I found the recipe on Facebook / online last week Wednesday.  It leaves plenty of room for playing around and improvising.  But the best thing about it, I don't feel bad giving this cookie to my daughter!  Here's the recipe:
Quick and Easy Banana and Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup of rolled oats (or any oats, I would imagine)
2 ripe and soft bananas
 
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
Spray an oven baking tray with some Spray-and-Cook.
Cut up and mash the bananas to a pulp.
Add the cup of oats and mix all well together.
Dish out tablespoonful amounts onto the pre-sprayed baking tray.
Pop it into the oven for 15 minutes.
TADA!  Wonderful, tasty and wholesome cookies!
 
Optional:  You can add chopped up nuts, raisins, choc-chips, dried fruit to the mixture.
I really want to try this recipe with some chopped-up dried mango pieces.
You can also add a pinch of salt if this tastes 'weird' to you.  I prefer it without salt, you soon grow used to the taste in anyway!
 
Okay, so Linmari just woke up from her midmorning nap and I better get going to my husband.  What a treat!!!  Oh, and then it's off to the ENT for Linmari's post-op check-up.  At least I'll be able to brag about the fact that she can now WALK!  (As if I had anything to do with it  ;-P ) Whoohoo!!!  A good day to you all!


No comments: