Saturday, August 30, 2008

Painting = Expressing the Soul

About 1 month ago I once again became interested in painting. I used to paint when I was in St.9 / Gr.11, but nothing serious. So I bought a few canvases, new brushes and borrowed my brother's acrylics.

The first painting I did was finished in about 4 hours, and I thought "This is the BOMB!"... until I went to Cape Town and visited my parents-in-law and cousin, of whom my father-in-law and my cousin helped me to improve on technique. My first painting is on a 5"x7" canvas.

Then I produced (with a lot of help and input) the MOST AWESOME yellow and orange rose ever to be painted by me (Okay, it was only the 2nd rose I have ever painted)! It's about the size of an A4 paper...the rose in any case, excluding the border. So the challenge when I got home, was if I could repeat this incredible feat without the assistance of other people...especially my cousin who really gave me such good advice on technique.

I then continued to paint an orchid with only the computer screen to guide me with regards to colour. That was rather difficult, and after a few days I still just wanted to change the think, cause you ALWAYS can change / improve a painting even more! This orchid was painted on another 5"x7" panel.

So please, ladies and gentlemen, feel welcome to view the first presentation of Ronél Swart's paintings!



This is the first painting, titled "Silent Rose".


This is the 2nd painting, titled "A New Beginning". I painted it for my mother-in-law, so that she can also have something nice to look at everyday and know that my husband and I are always thinking of her. She proceeded to hang it up on the wall opposite to where she sits, and says that when she wants to talk to GOD, she finds silence by looking at the rose. Very comforting for us to hear!


This was my 3rd painting, titled "Bowing Out Gracefully". I gave it to my mother, she and my father share a deep affection for delicate flowers. My mother also put it up on the wall opposite her bed, so that she can look at it everyday. I love my mummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are so gorgeous!!
I had no idea you were so talented with paining, that's awesome!
I really love the yellow & orange rose too, it's so beautiful! Have you ever thought about eventually selling some special pieces that you do??
That would be great! :)