I returned to work on 26 November 2012, and what a hectic time for me. The first day was not SO bad, since Linmari was with me. Mind you, she was with me for the first 3 days! And when I had to drop her off at her auntie on the Thursday, that wasn't so bad, either. Rather, what got to me was having to get my girl ready and dressed at 06h00 in the morning when she was still FAST asleep, just so that we could be on time for work. And the following Monday (2 December 2012) I had to go to work with my little one that was sick (teething is not so much fun!). It broke my heart that she and I could not lie in bed all day, with her simply feeding and sleeping the miserable feeling away.
People have told me I would get used to not having my little one with me in the mornings, and that at least I have a half-day job so that I get to see Linmari more than the average working-parent. But that's little consolation when I know that Linmari's CUTEST time is in the mornings, and that she sleeps most of her afternoon away! I never thought I would enjoy being a stay-at-home mommy THIS much, but the 3 1/2 months with her at home has taught me valuable lessons:
- I have learned that housework is not such a dread (since I now manage my house on a daily basis, not a once-a-week-let's-quickly-sorta-clean-up-the-house-basis.
- I have learned that every moment with my little girl is precious, and NO ONE can replace the time that I have lost with her, EVER.
- Being a stay-at-home Mom is a FULL TIME JOB!
- You will feel guilt over not having done certain things with your child during the day, in my case I often-times worry that I haven't played enough or stimulated enough, even though I do this at every possibly opportunity!
- Being a Mom is more rewarding than being a career woman!
- Seeing your daughter smile at you first thing when she wakes up in the morning is irreplaceable.
- Experiencing your daughter's milestones with her is amazing - she really is growing up!
See, even when she's sick she still finds the time to be silly! She discovered yesterday how to suck her bottom lip...too cute!
Oh, and one last thing. My cousin sent me the BumGenius AIO Version 4 Diapers (FIVE OF THEM!) from America. WOW!!! Now not even my husband can tell me he's struggling with cloth diapering! They're amazing, and I'm seriously considering buying 5 more (just have to save up some money first).
Here's Linmari wearing one of them:
I have to go and finish my Christmas baking, and then do some laundry, dishes and general housework.
One last picture:
My niece turned 7 in November, and she decided she wanted a Tangled-themed party. Her Mommy did all the homework and then asked me to make her a Tangled-wig. I found this tutorial and was SUPER-impressed by it! It really was easy to use and helped me to make the perfect wig! For those of you that are still at a loss as to what to make for your daughter / niece / girl-cousin as a nice gift for Christmas, this wig should most definitely do the trick! It's easy (PLEASE follow instructions carefully) and VERY beautiful!