So far this year has presented itself with loads of ups and downs...
- Kids that don't listen to you when you SPEAK to them, annoys me to no end (not referring to my nieces and nephews). Kids who choose to pick fights, and then also prefers to avoid the fact that they are the common denominator in all fights, really is like stepping on my sciatic nerve and grinding it with your boot's tip.
- The Government in general seems to be useless, especially the GSSC - they're quick to jump on the bandwagon and force you to pay back money that they wrongfully paid to you and you actually informed them about it. But when they've taken your money illegally, it's PERFECTLY FINE for them to take longer than 6 months to sign a sweet piece of paper to give your (rather big amount of) money back.
- Missing my parents a lot, have not seen them in more than 3 weeks - which is a lot for me!
- Missing my baby brother to no end - last year this time we made plans to visit for the weekend. We visited, and JUST after the weekend we found out I was pregnant...
- Missing being pregnant, and not having a baby to show after being excited... and frustrated at the process of falling pregnant again (having to sort out a huge cyst on my right ovary and getting the MMR innoculation, now having to wait before we can try again).
- Being stuck at my work / home for most of the week without a car - ugh.... just REALLY wanna get out!
The pick-me-uppers in my life:
- My husband wakes up EVERY MORNING at 04h55 and starts to run a bath, then makes me breakfast and Pink Nesquik Milk before leaving for work.
- Seeing my husband smile from EAR-TO-EAR about his new job, and experiencing him coming home with a little skip in his step, instead of dragging his feet because it never ends..
- Hearing Thinus' key turn in the front door at night :-D
- Chatting to my family, my parents, my brothers, my sisters, my nephews and nieces.
- Making plans to visit friends, being frugal and hopefully saving some money in the process.
- Visiting with my family and friends on Tuesday, Thursdays and sometimes Sundays.
- Going to church.
- Practising Lancet with our interschool-team, and getting rid of pent up energy, frustration and showing all-round appreciation for kids who try their best, never mind the TONNES of odds stacked up against them!
- Practising for the revue / musical production at our school - these kids are amazing, REALLY! They try so hard, and succeed in things I, for one, can definitely not do (I suck at coordination).
- Baking, baking, baking and some more baking...
- Reading any available quilt-blog on the internet, downloading patterns for clothes, bags, quilts etc.
- Planning our trip to Bloemfontein as well as the other trip to the Western Cape for a wedding at the end of this month.
- Talking to my parents on the phone at 06h30 in the morning to discuss things like a person's sagittal plane and how exactly that cuts you up i.e. anatomy.
- Being grateful for amazing people around me.
Okay, that's me. I've caught up. Hope the rest of your week's a good one!